F11 makes a window go full screen. Is there a shortcut that minimizes a window? I am using Arch Linux with Gnome Shell.
Gnome Shell actually supports this. Super+H is the default key. If you want to change the key go to:
Settings -> Keyboard -> Windows -> Hide Window
Since this answer has gained some traction it is good to also know that:
- This works on MacOS as well.
- This does not work on Windows, however, you can achieve the same effect by using a tool like AutoHotkey.
This wasn't set as a default for my environment, but setting it in Gnome 43.3 went as follows:
- Open Settings.
<Super> type Settings <Enter>
- Navigate to Keyboard.
- Select View and Customize Shortcuts.
- Use Search to find Hide all normal windows under Navigation.
- Set shortcut as desired. For example, I used Super + D.