On my Macintosh El Capitan, most applications treat fn+Left arrow as move to beginning of document and fn+Right arrow as move to end of the document.

How can I set up keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Word for Mac v15.26 (Office 365) to have the same functionality to move to beginning and end of a Word document?


For the keyboard shortcut to move to beginning of a document use +Home or +fn+Left arrow.

To move to end of a document, use +End or +fn+Right arrow.

Keyboard shortcuts in Word 2016 for Mac has the complete list of shortcuts.

| improve this answer | |
  • 1
    What do you do if your Macintosh bluetooth keyboard does not have Home or End is there a way to still type those keys? – WilliamKF Oct 4 '16 at 19:34
  • 1
    The Office support page and the above answer (see "or ...") mention the alternatives to Home and End for a Mac keyboard that doesn't have them. Try command+fn with the appropriate arrow key. – creidhne Oct 4 '16 at 19:44
  • Correct, the arrow keys with command and fn work, my comment was whether there is anyway to generate a Home or End key on a keyboard without those keys labeled? – WilliamKF Oct 5 '16 at 16:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.