I use Google Chrome, Chromium and Firefox for browsing on Ubuntu 14.04 and Chromium is my default browser.
Today when I started Chromium for searching a site from the Stack Exchange network I was redirected to an advertizing page called
wonderlandads.com. The redirect occurred by clicking anywhere on the page, click and right click on any hyperlink and so on. But the redirect only occurred on Stack Exchange sites and no other sites. Also I saw this happening during browsing with Firefox but not when using Google Chrome.
Then I searched a found these two related posts:
- Redirect pop-up to wonderlandsads.com malware for webbrowsers
- How to remove wonderlandads from ubuntu chrome and firefox
Also I read more pages by searching in Google. But most of pages were in about Microsoft Windows. But I tried to do what I could (as those pages described):
- Removing all extensions/addons
- Resetting/Refreshing browser
- Clearing all data (cache, cookies, history and ...)
- I even removed and reinstalled Firefox
But this did not solve the problem.
Some things seem strange to me:
- I did not use Firefox for a long time (about 3 months) until today for testing. How can it be affected when Google Chrome is not?
- Why does it only redirect on Stack Exchange?
Finally, how to solve this problem?