WinKey + Shift + [Arrow] is the Windows keyboard shortcut (hotkey) for moving windows between monitors. I have 2 monitors set up side-by-side and since yesterday noticed that I could not use this hotkey to move a maximized Chrome between them.
What I have tried:
- Using a non-maximized Chrome window. The hotkey works when Chrome is not maximized.
- Restarting Windows. No change.
- Using other
WinKey + [Arrow]hotkeys with Chrome. All other combinations have worked when Chrome is maximized and not.
WinKey + Shift + [Arrow]with other applications. It works with all other applications I've tried (Evernote, OneNote, Firefox, VSCode) both maximized and not.
- Using an incognito window with no extensions allowed. No change.
- Using Chrome Canary. It also does not work with that application.
- Checking my keyboard using KeyboardTest. The relevant keys don't seem to have problems.
- Trying with a different monitor. No change.
- When I use the hotkey on a maximized Chrome window and then restore (un-maximize) the window, it moves to the other monitor.
- When I use the hotkey multiple times on a maximized Chrome window and then restore the window, it moves off-screen somewhere. I can use the hotkey to move it back to one of my monitors.
I have searched online for solutions but they fall into the categories of
- All WinKey movement shortcuts do not work
- Chrome does not accept any keyboard input
- Semi-relevant and Unanswered
- Windows 10 v1607 build 14931.1000
- Chrome 56.0.2896.3 dev
I would appreciate any help or advice.