The problem is that I cannot print to a shared printer from 2 computers in our work network. So I'll cover a few things and maybe you can help me.
- Error code is 0x80004005
- The sharing computer is running windows 7
- The computers I can't print from are Windows 8.
- I can print from other computers to that printer, it's just those two computers that don't want to print
- I can see the sharing computer on network, but cannot connect to it, I get a "Invalid computer name" or a similar error, can't remember exactly the wording.
- Antivirus is not the problem, tried with it turned completely off.
- Network and device discovery is turned on
- Printer sharing is on.
- The computers that don't want to print have the exact the same settings as the computers that do want to print. I set them up myself.
- I CAN ping the sharing computer.
- Tried it both with admin and standart users.
- I can see both computers from the sharing computer.
So, any suggestions? :)