I have a very weird problem. I recently discoverd a blue dot on every dark/black image i opened. A dead pixel? It couldn't be, a dead pixel does not receive any energy and would be a black pixel on all colors.
So it has to be a stuck or hot pixel. So i started playing around in Paint. And here is where the weird part begins.
- On RED, i see a slightly blue color. (like Cyan)
- On GREEN, also slightly blue color. (like Cyan)
- But on BLUE, the pixel is turned off, a black dot.
- On BLACK, where all the 3 (r/g/b) leds should be turned off, i see a blue color.
It's like the blue color of the pixel is REVERSED somehow. On a blue screen the color blue is turned off (were it should be on) , on a black screen the blue color is turned on (were it should be off).
But that's not all.
So i filled my whole screen with black.... and the blue dot was gone. I minimize the screen and the blue dot returned. I discovered that the blue dot only appears when there is a WHITE pixel on the same COLUMN as the pixel.
- On a BLUE screen i have a Black dot.
- On a BLACK screen everything works fine.
- On a BLACK screen, where somwhere on the same column a white pixel is active, the blue dot returns.
So i started playing with WHITE on the same column, conclusion:
- BLACK screen: More WHITE is a brighter blue dot, Less WHITE is a slightly visible blue dot (on the same black screen). NO WHITE, is no blue dot ( or its so little its not visible to see with the human eye).
- BLUE screen: The more BLUE i have, the more darker the pixel becomes. if i add white on the same column, the less darker the pixel becomes. if the WHOLE column is white except for that pixel, its blue and not black. if i change the white in to BLUE, the blue pixel i had turns to black again.
- ANY other color: (same behavior as a black screen ) if i fill the screen with RED, and add WHITE bit by bit, i see the blue dot appear again.
How can i fix this?
Never experienced something like this. I also did the Stuck pixel fix videos on youtube ( for like 2 hours ) no luck.
Also its a new notebook, 9 months old (lenovo y700-15isk). Manufacturers also have defect pixel policies, where they can decline the repair or replacement request when the defective pixels doesn't meet the specific amount of defect pixels. ( its 3 defect pixels for Lenovo if im not wrong)
What is the problem im dealing with? how can i fix this pixel? Is it software related? A driver problem? Its not a dead pixels because it shows blue, its not a stuck/hot pixel because it doens't stay blue, so what is it?