I am building a custom embedded computer system and need only a few keys to be accessible by the users. I could attach a button board and program that in but was thinking it would be easier to just use and/or mod a 5 key keyboard. I have seen them before but cannot seem to find them online; it could be 6 keys as well preferably in a row.
The closest thing I've found is chorded keyboards which are similar to what I'm looking for but rather expensive.
Does anyone know what you call a keyboard that has only a few keys on it?
In response to the comments here are some clarifications:
- My project is a portable bluethooth and FM radio speaker.
- The embeded system is the Raspberry Pi Zero using the Zero4U to add USB ports.
- Bluetooth is added with a tiny USB dongle as well as the FM receiver.
- I need 6 keys preferably, 5 could work, in a row is the best.
- Something like the Cooler Master DIY Micro Keyboard is what I think I'll do.
- Googling Micro Keyboard or Macro Programmable Keyboard gives the best results.
I have found some awesome resources and ideas because of your answers. I will add these when I have time in an answer to help everyone else. I will also leave this question open for a bit to encourage more answers. This has become a great resource so please keep adding.