I have searched around online and cannot seem to find an adequate answer to my question.

Every once in a while, I accidentally press some key combination on my keyboard that makes my cursor turn from the regular thin vertical line to a blue box that acts and behaves the exact same as the regular cursor but looks different.

(Screenshot of the irregular cursor)

Since this only affects the cursor while I am in Google Chrome, I assume it is a setting in Chrome, but I don't know. It also appears to be a problem isolated to one tab at a time, which to me is baffling.

It annoys me and the only way I know of to make it go away is to restart my computer.

Thanks in advance!

  • Hey, have you tried pressing the "Insert" key on your keyboard? It's usually located near the "Home" and the "Delete" buttons. Hope this works for you! – Bungicasse Nov 28 '16 at 13:53
  • Yes. @Bungicasse That worked. Make it an answer and I will mark it correct. Thank you!! – ifconfig Nov 28 '16 at 21:51

You want to press the "Insert" key on your keyboard - It's usually located near the "Home" and the "Delete" buttons. This will make the cursor back to normal again.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.