I have a Digitus USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet adapter which I use for monitoring network traffic of our device in the test lab. As such, it's connected to the mirroring port of my HP-1820-8G switch.
Part of my job is to run Wireshark and capture the traffic, so I start Wireshark every day - and every day I need to re-plug that adapter in order to make it work. Otherwise it's not detected by Windows (not visible in the device manager)
What can I do to have the USB 3.0 network adapter available without re-plugging it?
- the Digitus USB 3.0 adapter is recognized as ASIX AX88179 by Windows
- I use Windows 7 SP1 x64
- I have a Fujitsu Lifebook E series laptop that is placed in a docking station
- the USB network adapter is connected to a USB 3.0 port of the docking station
- Driver is ASIX 188.8.131.52 from 2013-12-03
- Hardware IDs: VID 0B95, PID 1790 REV 0100
- The built-in Windows driver update does not find a newer driver
- I'm shutting down the PC every day in the evening and power it up in the morning. I do not use Standby or Hibernate
I have tried:
- Updating the driver from the ASIX homepage, now using the latest Windows 7 64-bit Driver version 184.108.40.206 from 2016-04-06