- The computer resumes from S3 sleep (suspend-to-ram) within 5 seconds of suspend if the ethernet cable is connected
- Intel E2180
- Gigabyte P35-DS3L
- Realtek RTL8111b (using the r8169 module)
- I've disabled ACPI wakeup for all devices, per
- kernel logs per dmesg look normal - no driver inhibiting suspend, or any other problems. The logs from a successful suspend (ethernet cable disconnected) and a broken suspend (ethernet cable connected) are the same.
- on S3 suspend-to-ram the kernel force-enables ACPI wakeup for the PCI-e bridge. I suspect this is normal.
- BIOS: USB mouse/keyboard wakeup disabled, wake-on-ring disabled, wake-on-PME enabled
- ethtool reports WOL set to ug.
I suspected a faulty device emitting continous WOL packets, but Wireshark records no WOL packets while the computer is on.
This occurs even with all other ports (USB) disconnected (leaving VGA/ethernet).
Also, I will need WOL functionality
- Disabling WOL on the network interface using ethtool prevents the immediate resume.