I've been researching a lot these week to find drivers for my Asus R540SC. I installed Windows 8.1 on FreeDos software ( Initial software on laptop ) and it had no drivers at all, so i needed to install them manually: I have installed all of them except the touchpad driver.
So after all the research these were the steps i have taken:
- Install chipset driver ( newest Intel(R) INF ). - Successful
- Install Asus ATK driver ( newest one. ) - Successful
Installing touchpad driver - Failed:
- Installing smart gesture touchpad driver for my specific laptop model from Asus support ( R540SC ) -- OS selection was for Windows 10 only, in process of installing got this error:
There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support and personnel or package vendor.
- Installing smart gesture drivers for Windows 8.1 ( Laptop's model Version is not specified ) -- I got the error as excepted ( I think it's Windows problem ).
- Trying other drivers: Elantech, Synaptics ( Got error on both, that device was not found ).
- I don't have 'Mice' section under device manager. ( How can i fix it? )
- I neither have 'Trackpad' section on Windows mouse settings.
- If you wonder how do i install drivers without mouse, i use keyboard mouse from windows ease access.
Device Manager Picture:
(Please comment if you want me to dropdown anything from it).
It's very disappointing that Asus have their touchpad drivers for R540SC on Windows 8.1, but i have seen some using touchpad with it, What could the problem be? Is it Windows or Asus? How could i find a normal touchpad/trackpad driver for my Asus?