What services and settings are required to run psexec on local computer?
psexec -s -i -d regedit)
At least the following services must be running on the computer (in order to use
- Server (
LanmanServer) must be running
- errors when not running: "The network name cannot be found."; "The specified network name is no longer available."
- TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper (
lmhosts) must be running or set to manual startup (it will be started in the second case)
- error when disabled: "The network path was not found."
However you do not need any of the following:
- HomeGroup Listener
- HomeGroup Provider
- "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing" settings:
- Network discovery
- File and printer sharing
- Homegroup Connections managed by Windows
- network connection items:
- Client for Microsoft Networks
- File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
- Microsoft LLDP Protocol Driver
- Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder
(Tested w/ psexec v2.2 under Win 10 x64 v1607.)