For some reason I'm having some site pestering my LogMeIn account with a bad login. It is consistently the same IP. Rather than relying upon LogMeIn's rudimentary login security I'd rather entirely block that IP entirely. How do I do that using Windows Firewall?
Open Windows Firewall with Advanced Security by running
wf.msc. On the left, select Inbound Rules, then under the Action menu, choose New Rule.
- On the Rule Type page, choose Custom.
- On Program, choose "All programs."
- On Protocol and Ports, leave the default of Any.
- On Scope, select "These IP addresses" in the remote addresses section and add the problematic IP address in the Add dialog.
- On Action, choose "Block the connection."
- On Profile, leave the defaults of everything checked.
- Finally, on Name, give the rule a name and optionally a description.