My parents' laptop has a peculiar problem. It can't load any Yahoo sites (they are trying to access hk.yahoo.com). All that loads is text and links (i.e. images, videos, and stylesheets don't load):
The laptop has Windows 7. Every other site loads lightning fast, even heavier ones like Facebook.
This is what I've tried to no avail:
- I tried loading the site in Chrome, FF, and IE 11 (all latest versions).
- I tried accessing Yahoo on my phone on the same wifi network, and it redirects to its mobile site, but the same thing happens.
- I ran
- I turned off all of the security settings in the IE internet settings (Custom level).
- I cleared the cache, cookies, temp files, etc. via Chrome and IE, as well as going into the AppData folder.
- I uninstalled FF.
- I turned off the antivirus (Avira Free).
- I checked the router admin page. Everything looks normal.
- I tried using Google's public DNS (22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199).
- I turned off the automatic proxy setting.
- Restarted the computer.
188.8.131.52(Yahoo) in cmd - all are reachable.
- Tried to load it in Chrome incognito mode.
I'm really stumped. Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe I'm missing something obvious. Just remember that every other site I've tried loads fine, and there are no obvious problems with the laptop.