Windows 10 x64 v1607 won't boot after I reprtition my single 1TB HDD and installed Ubuntu Gnome 16.04.1 LTS amd64. it keeps doing a BSOD "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE".
My exact steps:
- Boot from Ubuntu Gnome 16.04.1 LTS amd64 on USB drive.
- 'Try Ubuntu Gnome' option.
- Shrink Windows partition from 850GB to ~= 350GB in GParted.
- Move recovery partition (I have created a System Repair Disk) (also in GParted)
- Create new ~=350GB FAT32 Partition.
- Use Ubuntu Gnome installer; use 'install alongside Windows' option. Installer succeeds.
- Restart. Grub menu comes up, select Windows. Windows shuts down. I didn't see exactly what happened, but I came back and my PC was competely off. Turn back on.
- Grub comes back, Windows again. Windows bluescreens with 'INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE'. Restarts. Automatic Repair fails. Restart.
- Choose Windows at Grub again. Same bluescreen. This time no Automatic Repair - just shuts down.
- Choose Ubuntu Gnome at grub. Boots successfully.
- Restart, choose Windows. Again, bluescreen, no automatic repair.
I can access my Windows partition from Ubuntu Gnome. I created a Restore Point before I started the steps above. Can I use my Restore Point, and if so, how? Or should I use my recovery drive? Or get a fresh Windows image and reinstall?