I have two wireless routers D-Link DIR-615 Wireless N 300 Router and JioFi 2, as the JioFi 2 don't have an expected coverage i was planning to extend the range, as i have an unused wireless router i thought of connecting both, I had tried the WDS option but it was in vain. JioFi 2 is the network providing router and D-Link acts as a range extender, JioFi 2 is WPA2-PSK password protected. I had also tried disabling the WPS in the D-Link router and also the passwords.
Steps I followed are,
- configured the D-Link router to the same network segment.
- Disabled DHCP in D-Link router.
- Disabled WPS in D-Link Router.
- selected the same channel as of JioFi router.
- copied the MAC id of JioFi router to D-Link.
- Disabled security and WPS in JioFi router.
Did I miss any steps ?
Any help will be appreciated.