Following these instructions from Microsoft my aftermarket Xbox 360 controller is not working on Windows 7. Any suggestions?
You can often use the available drivers after telling Windows which drivers to use:
- Download and install the driver software for your windows version
- Plug in the Xbox 360 Controller
- Open the Device Manager ( + R, then type
- Find the icon for the controller, likely under other devices
- Double-click the controller icon and select the driver tab
- Select the "Update Driver" button
- Select "Browse my computer"
- Select "Let me pick from a list"
- Select "Microsoft Common Controller For Windows Class" on Windows 7, or "Xbox 360 Peripherals" on Windows 8+, and press next
- Select the appropriate driver and press next
- Select 'Yes' you really do want to use this driver