When I connect my HTC 10 to my Windows 10 laptop, I get the error: "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it". It connects to my Windows 10 desktop fine.
I can connect my iPad, iPhone, and HTC EVO Shift to the laptop on any port.
In device manager I see error on: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). If I look at details it says, Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43).
I have searched the web and "think" I've tried everything... except I do NOT have a Generic USB Hub in device manager to update. What I've done is:
- Shut down, pulled battery, let sit
- Tried multiple cables and all USB ports
- Updated driver
- Uninstalled and reinstalled driver
- Updated essentially everything under Universal Serial Bus Controllers
- Unchecked Allow this computer to turn off device to save power on all hubs
- Changed the USB Selective Suspend Settings
- Ran the hardware troubleshooter
- Added EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled to the registry
- Disabled fast boot in power options
- Copied usf.inf stuff from windows\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\usb.inf_
- Updated BIOS
- Installed the latest HTC drivers
- Installed HTC Sync Manager (which is discontinued)
- Swore at Microsoft and HTC
Anyone have anything else to try?