I have some media on my WHS 2011 and I want to access them with my TV. Both should support DLNA and I can see the user accounts of my server, but if I go into videos there is no file.
How can I access the files from the WHS without any third party software?
I've tried the following:
- media server is enabled
- desired folder sharing option is true (media library)
- enabled guest account
- Upnp is enabled on the router
- there is a database in C:\Users\MediaStreamingAdmin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player
- Guest has read access on the desired folder
- under media streaming options the TV is listed twice, but both allowed with default settings
- under advanced sharing options I have the following settings: network detection is on, file and printer sharing is on, share of the public folder is on and password protected sharing is disabled
- under homegroup settings I have enabled sharing for devices (but I haven't clicked any libraries here)
I had this working one time (nearly same setup), but I reinstalled WHS one time and now I can't get it working again.