In a quest to convert my home from 100Mbps to gigabit, I encountered this device. Cables from the wall are coming in, Ethernet cable going out. As far as I understand, this device converts the interface for the signal, not the signal itself.
- Connection: My computer is connected to it, and from it straight to the router.
- Router: Netgear VEGN2610 supports gigabit
- Motherboard: Gigabyte h97-hd3 supports gigabit
In windows, my speed & duplex settings are "1.0 Gbps Full Duplex", however, the connection speed says: "100 Mbps"
- What is the name of this device? I want to research online, but I don't know what device I am researching
- Can it be the bottleneck? If not, why even though all of my network is 1 gigabit, it still uses 100Mbps?