I'm having a hard time connecting to my Ubuntu SSH server. I use Putty for my SSH client. I've run though the usual diagnostics and verified...
- OpenSSH is installed on server
- Port 22 is open on the server and modem
- Port 22 is forwarded to the server
- SSH is running
- Can connect to SSH server from other devices on LAN with Putty, but not outside
- Can ping SSH server from other devices on LAN, but not outside
I can even use "canyouseeme.org" to get...
"Success: I can see your service on $my.external.IP.address on port (22) Your ISP is not blocking port 22"
but... if I slam my external IP address into putty it will just take me to a black screen until the connection times out.
What gives? I can't think of what the issue could be.