What kind of network equipment would I need? How would I connect it to the network? What organizations would I need to talk to to get everything set up?

1 Answer 1

  • You need to get an AS number from your RIR.
  • You need to get a public address prefix, no longer than /24. ISPs will not advertise a prefix longer than /24. The RIRs are out of public addresses to assign, so you will need to get it on the open market, or from your ISP.
  • You need a router than can run BGP, and configure it to exchange prefixes via BGP with your ISP.
  • You need an ISP and a contract to do the above. Many ISPs will want proof that you know how to configure BGP.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .