I have i7 6700 cpu, I just bought a new GPU (GTX 1070) and installed it.
Everything seem to be ok, the led on the GPU is fine but when I plug the monitor to it it wont display anything...
(I have Asus H170M-Plus motherboard if it helps)
What I tried based on the internet:
- Update BIOS
- Changed the setting on the motherboard to "Main Display - PCIE" (When I do that, the BIOS just ignore this and put "CPU" back in...)
- using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to uninstall the previous GPU (the built-in one, didn't have a gpu before on this machine) driver.
- installed the current drivers from nvidia site.
- Checked if everything is connected correctly
- Removing the GPU and putting it back (to confirm it is placed correctly)
When I install the Nvidia drivers btw, when it completes, I press restart and windows wont load at all, so I go to safe-mode and again using DDU to uninstall the driver..
So, what am I missing?
Thanks in advance.
By the way, I have 700W, so power is not the problem