My Windows 10 LTSB (1607) computer appears to be working fine except for the following things. They all seemed to start this weekend after an unexpected power disruption, so I think they are all related:
- When I attempt to go to the VPN section of Settings (no matter how I try, even if I was just there), the dialog window stops responding (mouse changes to the spinner) for between 60 and 90 seconds. When I attempt to connect a VPN, I waited for five minutes before giving up. I can connect to the same VPN just fine from other devices (I'm pretty sure it's not a target system issue).
- When I lock my computer and attempt to reauthenticate, sometimes it succeeds immediately, sometimes it takes exactly two minutes (120 seconds) and then succeeds, and sometimes it takes longer.
- When I attempt to restart the machine it usually hangs (but not always) during the shutdown process and I have to power off or hard reset it.
- I've attempted to reinstall network and video drivers. Both hang when they say they're 99% complete.
- I cannot RDP to the machine--it times out every time.
Other notes: This is not your run-of-the-mill computer slowness problem. This is an i7-6900K with 32GB RAM and a 512GB M.2 SSD, and is snappy with every other operation I've tried. It happens with multiple user accounts on this machine.
Anyone have any idea what might be the problem?