I want to port forward for my Minecraft server. I've been trying to do this for months. I've literally tried everything. I literally don't know how to configure any of the stuff I've tried correctly. I would like someone to tell me how to do it and how it works. These are what I've tried:
Good you at least found the router config. Now for the port forwarding itself. Only for the virtual server list and it should do the job.
- Get to know what your computer IP is. (type in cmd ipconfig and see ipv4)
- Put that ip in the place Lan IP Address
- Then fill in WAN port (this is the port your friends have to use to connect)
- Then fill in Lan Port (this is the port of the server. by default 25565)
- Set status to On and save the config
For the name you can just fill in 'MC Server' or whatever you like.
Now go to http://www.whatsmyip.org/ add semicollon and then the WAN Port. e.x 188.8.131.52:wanport and give that to your friends to connect to.
To test if it works you can also go to http://www.canyouseeme.org/ and fill in the WAN port in the port field.
Now for the how does this all works part.
Your router sees the request of your friend and checks the port. It will see to what computer and port it has to forward your friend to because you've portforwarded it. Your minecraft host will be hosted on your interal IP and port for your computer. Because the router sees the open port it will connect your friend trough to your minecraft server.