In response to how to change your DNS. I'm not sure a DNS will change how fast a page loads but I mean you can always try and see if you experience some performance increases.
How to change my DNS
- Go to the Apple menu and select "System Preferences"
- Click on “Network”
- select your network interface from the left side (“Wi-Fi” or
“Ethernet” for example)
- Then click the “Advanced” button in the lower right corner of the
- Choose the “DNS” tab at the top of the screen
- To add a new DNS server: click on the [+] plus button
When finished making changes to the DNS settings, click on the "OK" button
Now click on "Apply" for the DNS changes to take effect, close out of System Preferences as usual. source
to load American sites faster?
I'm not sure if a DNS is going to load American pages faster. You would need to get an IP address from a dns server that is close to you or america. Here are some DNS ip addresses that i got from this site http://www.bestdns.org/
OpenDNS 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124 San Antonio, Texas, USA
Level3 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 Diamond Bar, California, USA
DNS Advantage 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11 Sterling, Virginia, USA
Google 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124