I'm having a problem with the cache in Chrome/Safari on macOS. I'm updating my CSS file but the browser refuses download it from my local development machine. I have confirmed changes in compiled CSS file but they are not reflected in developer tools.
I have tried:
- Right clicking refresh button and selecting 'empty cache and hard reload'
- Disabling cache in dev tools
- Restarted my machine
- Cleared cache under 'Clear browsing data'
- Loaded website in an incognito window
- Adding cache busting techniques to assets
If I disable cache the headers read
200 OK Cache-Control:no-cache
If I enable cache the headers read
200 OK (from disk cache)
Both show the same file. I never get any 304 codes indicating that the server is never seeing a request for the files.
Server environment: Vagrant/CentOS in VirtualBox with NGINX, MariaDB, Redis and Laravel.