I've got a problem with installing SIP 4.19.1.
What I have done by now:
- installed Anaconda (for Python 3.6) with compiled SIP 4.18,
- pip install sip
"Successfully installed sip-4.19.1"
- and nothing, still 4.18 exists only (sip -V).
Same thing when I downloaded Python 3.6:
- no sip installed,
- pip install sip,
- still no sip.
- downloaded manually SIP:
* cmd > cd sip_dir > python configure.py,
* make (here's going into insane loop cd sipgen > make and again)
* so installed VC,
* nmake (here comes an error with headers but I've fixed it)
* nmake install > error