I have two networked Windows 7 Professional computers A and B using workgroup WORKGROUP. Both have identical settings under Advanced sharing settings:
- Network discovery on
- File and Printer sharing on
- Public folder sharing on
- 128-bit file sharing connections
- Password-protected sharing off
- HomeGroup connections allowed
Here's the weird thing.
- Computer A can access all of computer B's shares with no login needed.
- Computer B can access computer A's shares without a login only upon startup; after a minute or so, when trying to access the network shares, they start asking for a password.
I've tried the usual suggestions of security policy but they don't work. I've also tried to remove some unnecessary startup services, but I'm stuck.
Edit: Additional info:
- Both Guest accounts are enabled
- Attempting to override the domain prefix (which is odd since workgroup's are used) and forcing "Guest" with blank password does not work