I am trying to run sysinternals' PSEXEC from my domain machine to workgroup machine and vice versa:
Psexec \\\MachineName -u "username" -p "password" -i -s -d cmd.exe
- If I run this command from a workgroup machine to a domain machine, sometimes it works fine and sometimes it fails
- workgroup to workgroup: fails
- domain to wokrgroup: fails
I get this message stating the reason for the failure:
Access denied with OpenSCManager. I know that PSEXEC uses OpenSCManager, but I'm not able to figure out the reason behind the denied access.
- administrator account on both the workgroup and domain machine
- command prompt in administrator mode
- Firewall is off
- Network sharing is ON
PSEXEC does not give an invalid username/password error; I've also checked that the credentials are correct using
Please help me with some info regarding whether this kind of access is allowed/feasible or not.