How can I get Chrome to launch and close "developer tools" on Mac (like Firebug with F12 & Ctrl+Shift+C)? It was so convenient in Firefox/Firebug to just hit F12 followed by "toggle inspect mode" (Ctrl+Shift+C) and then hover my mouse over the different elements. I would love it if anyone else used to have this workflow.
For those that are still looking for ways to access Chrome's Developer Tools:
To access the developer tools, open a web page or web app in Google Chrome. Then take one of the following actions:
- Select the Wrench menu at the top-right of your browser window, then select Tools -> Developer tools.
- Right-click on any page element and select Inspect element.
- On Windows and Linux, press
- Ctrl+Shift+I to open Developer Tools
- Ctrl+Shift+J to open Developer Tools and bring focus to the Console.
- Ctrl+Shift+C to toggle Inspect Element mode.
- On OS X, press
- ⌥+⌘+I (Option+Command+I) to open Developer Tools
- ⌥+⌘+J (Option+Command+J) to open Developer Tools and bring focus to the Console.
- ^+⌘+C (Control+Command+C) to toggle Inspect Element mode.