I have Backup Exec 2014 (14.1 Rev 1786 64 bit)version installed on Windows 208 R2.
- IBM LTO5 (IBM ULT3580-HH5) standalone tape drive is attached.
- Hardware compression is enabled in storage properties.
- BE Storage option 'Hardware if available otherwise none)
- We always select 'Overwrite Media' option in job properties to overwrite any existing media on tape.
- Data which is backup consists of mix files types including MS office (majority) / Text Files / PDF / Audio / Video etc.
- In Job Log, I can see this entry "Compression Type: Hardware"
Problem is that after writing (1,499,338,685,849 bytes in 7 hours, 57 minutes, and 56 seconds.) which is avg 1499 GB, it ejects the TAPE cartridge, and ask to insert other, which is normal because tape cartridge native capacity is 1500 GB, but my question is why its not compressing any data? as I read that LTO5 can support maximum 3TB in ideal compression conditions.