We have a
mvc project that runs fine on several computers. On one PC I have a strange issue and at first I thought it was coding related, hence a question on stackoverflow. But after some tests, it doesn't seem to be coding related.
The project runs on a local IIS on windows 10 and has several controllers (pages). When I browse to the homepage (and several other pages) on the same computer, it takes about 2minutes to receive the first byte, every time. Other pages of the project run fast.
Naturally I thought it was because of the code on those pages, but debugging showed all the pages (fast an slow) hit the last event (
Application_PreSendRequestContent) within 100ms. After that it should start sending data.
If i access this website from another computer via network, it works as it should. Even when the same computer is still waiting for the first byte of the homepage, the other computer can request the same page directly.
- PC 1: windows 10 / IIS
- PC 1: Request homepage on PC1: 2minutes to first byte
- PC 1: Request page X1 on PC1: 2minutes to first byte
- PC 1: Request page X2 on PC1: instant result
PC 1: Request page X3 on PC1: instant result
PC 1: Request homepage and waits for first byte
- PC 2: Request homepage on PC1: instant result
- PC 3: Request homepage on PC1: instant result
- PC 1: Finally receive the homepage after 2minutes.
What i ruled out:
- Coding issue: would be slow everywhere
- IIS issue: would be slow everywhere
- Browser issue: happens in Firefox, Chrome and Edge
- Parsing issue: content-type is text/plain
- DNS issue: Access via IP address has same problem
I have no idea what else I can look for.