I have just bought a brand new CD and I wanted to make a rip of it, since I usually listen to my favourite albums through a lossless portable DAC. The CD is therefore perfectly shiny and flawless, without any marks or scratches. I have always used EAC to rip my CDs (several by the same band), using all the recommended settings for accurate ripping and I have always got quite good results (I also tried once CUEripper which gives the same output log of EAC). This time it seem there is something different, something wrong, and I would like to understand the origin of this sudden unexpected behaviour.
As main Drive settings I have used secure mode with 'accurate stream' support (no cache and no C2 errors detection), auto detect drive read command (which turns out to be MMC1, gap detection method A (secure) and read offset correction +103 without "overread into Lead-in and Lead-out. As extraction settings I have that missing samples due to drive offset are filled with silence, synchronization between tracks and error recovery quality high.
With my first (several) attempts I always got the same result, the first and the last tracks cannot be verified as accurate. Here's the log file: log without overread into LI and LO
Then I decided to use another setup, unchecking the "fill up missing offset samples with silence" and, conversely, forcing the drive to read into lead-in and lead-out in order not to lose samples. Unaccountably the result is pretty the same:log with overread into LI and LO
Wheen checking the cue file with CUEtools, it seems there is a complete match of all the tracks. Maybe I really do miss something, I really can't understand why this time, only some of the tracks are repeatedly ripped in a non-accurate way.
I could provide also additional information as well as other test rips with different configurations. I hope my question is not against the rules of the site.