I see someone wrote this comment in a Facebook post:

𝓱𝒆𝓪𝓿𝒆𝓷𝓼 𝓰𝓪𝓽𝒆

How does it look like on my computer

...and I'm quickly interested in finding what kind of character is that, so I googled it, but the search results return the ordinary text as "heavens gate", not the stylized one.

What kind of special character is that? How to write that character and what is the unicode number range for that stylized character from A to Z (and for number too, if exist)?


Those are characters from the “Mathematical Alphanumeric Symbols” block. For example, the 𝒆:

Mathematical Bold Italic Small E


Mathematical Bold Script Small T

In mathematics, you often see those kind of “script” letters.

  • Yeah, just now I looked up that character in a unicode lookup website and it is described as mathematical bold script. – Rizki Pratama May 8 '17 at 7:49
  • 1
    Although, actually, I've never seen lower-case scripted letters used in mathematics (which is basically what I do for a living). – David Richerby May 8 '17 at 12:25
  • @DavidRicherby I think I remember the styled 𝓽 from AP physics in highschool – Izkata May 8 '17 at 15:02

There are many Unicode-lookup websites; the one I use is Uniview by Richard Ishida of the W3C.

If you paste your text into the box on that page and click on the down arrow, it shows you each character:

screenshot from Uniview

…and you can click on each character for more information. There are also a lot of other features; you can explore for yourself.

The characters in “𝓱𝒆𝓪𝓿𝒆𝓷𝓼 𝓰𝓪𝓽𝒆” are:

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.