My laptop Dell Vostro 5460 recently got flickering screen problem.
During boot up hard drive spins along with the system fans and LEDs flash as they usually do.
Here are my troubleshooting steps:
- I connected my laptop to an external monitor to check if the problem is with the screen. But external monitor didn't get any signal from my laptop.
- After that I realized that while starting up my laptop is stuck at dell startup logo. I tried to get into BIOS and it was successful but couldn't do anything in BIOS as I couldn't see anything clearly.
- I opened up my laptop and and did a hard reboot but taking out the laptop battery and pressing the power button for 30secs. But no use.
- Connected back the battery and took my laptop internal HDD out of the laptop to check if its still stuck at dell logo at start up, but it wasn't. It passed dell logo and shown a error message.
- I checked display connection to the motherboard. Disconnected and reconnected. But no use.
- Removed the CMOS motherboard battery for few secs and placed it back. But no use.
Click here for Video: Stuck at dell startup logo when HDD plugged in
Click here for Video: Boot pass the dell startup logo when HDD unplugged
Please help me find the problem in my laptop. Is it a motherboard problem? Or HDD problem?