- Automated aggregation of data so that I can use a tool (Microsoft Power BI or equivalent) to automatically update dashboards and or reports with the new data.
I work with an LMS that only allows two options for pulling data from it's database:
- Manually downloading reports
- scheduling these reports to be emailed.
We want to be able to look at a specific set of data but really don't have the time to manually clean up and aggregate all of this data every time we need it.
I want to understand if I can either email the csv files to a database and have it auto-import (I don't believe this is possible) or have a database auto-import new files in a folder.
What I have
- Reports built with the data we need
- Just not in the format we want
What I don't have
- Backend access to the LMS's database
It is likely that this will be a SQL Server that would be used, it it's possible.