I am trying to use a webcam for my Windows 10 x64 Desktop. However, when I try to use a program that uses a webcam, such as Skype, I get the message "Your webcam is currently being used by another application" in the program or some variation of that.
I've already taken a look at Cam being used by another application with no success.
Here is what I find when I click on "Driver Details".
When I try searching for the camera using Process Explorer, nothing is found. I also searched for the physical diver name.
- using two different webcams from two different companies
- used Skype, Google Hangouts, and other webcam software
- disabling then enabling the device.
- uninstalling and reinstalling the device.
- installing the "USB Video Driver" driver.
- installing the divers given by the company of the device.
- using both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 slots
- closing out of arbitrary programs in hope of getting it to work
- using a registry cleaner such as CCleaner
- restarting the computer
- disabling ESET Smart Security (in case it was blocking it for some reason)
Willing to try anything that doesn't involve a clean install of windows.