This question already has an answer here:
I've been trying to get rid of this adware for the past week or so with no results.
Here is what it looks like on my browser (chrome):
Basically it just adds a bunch of ads above my search results--a minor annoyance, but I suspect that the adware is only a gateway for more malicious programs (and some research on Rockettab does seem to corroborate this).
Some more details:
The appearance of the ads are very sporadic, if I close them by clicking on the little "x" on the bottom right, they will sometimes go away for a time but always return later.
The ads appear in both incognito and normal browser modes
The ads do not appear in the IE or MS Edge browsers
The ads do not appear in other search engines (e.g Bing)
I've checked out several guides for removing this thing, but none of them seem to apply to my case. Here's what I've tried so far (none of which has worked):
- Attempted to uninstall through the Control Panel (there isn't any program by that name or any program that even seems suspicious to uninstall)
- Cleaned cache, history, cookies, even uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled
- Ran Malwarebytes, MSE, MalwarebyesAdaware, HitmanPro
- Searched through all folders using "Everything" for files with "Rocket", "addonjet" etc.
- Checked the registry for entries with "Rocket", "addonjet" in their name
I really don't know what else to try at this point, any help would be much appreciated.