The problem is that yellow and gray are hardly visible on my remote monitor. For example when I open StackOverflow I cannot see the yellow background of quote blocks and the gray background of code blocks. They just blend with the white background.
How can I fix the way colors are displayed on the second monitor?
- The remote monitor is Samsung 2043NW and it has only an VGA port.
- I've experienced this behavior on two different machines: Lenovo Yoga 3 14 and Dell XPS 17 L702X. They were connected using the same HDMI-VGA adapter.
- Colors are OK when I connect the monitor to Lenovo ThinkPad X230 to its VGA port.
- I've tried changing the color settings on both the monitor itself and with software tools like
xgammaand so on. It didn't work although it looks like a problem with brightness or an invalid gamma calibration.
- I've experienced this on both FreeBSD (10.3, 11) and Ubuntu (17.04).
- I've already tried a few different adapters.