Got a new Asus laptop with Windows 10 is always getting pounded by Disk usage = 100% when starting, booting, and then at various points of the day.
I reformatted my windows 10 machine to try to fix it. It was much faster for a few days then got slow again. I have scanned the machine, no viruses or malware that I know of.
I see all sorts of Disk pounders like:
- Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry
- Search indexer
- Other Service Hosts like Windows Event Log
- Antimalware executable
There may be more to this list, and I only see Windows-system executables and services. Once again, no reason to believe I have malware. Fresh system here.
This being a vanilla system with only
Starcraft 2 installed is totally killing me how it's so slow upon startup/standby. My mac and linux machines do not suffer this affliction.
Is anyone else dealing with this on the regular? How can I get my windows PC so that it comes back from standby without having disk usage shoot up to 100% for several minutes? I'm about to leave Windows forever. Could it somehow be my laptop hard drive in the Asus N550JX?
I have read each of the following and verified that I am not afflicted by any of the things listed in these other posts:
- This post talks about windows 8 and is about a system that was used for a while getting worse over time. Mine is a vanilla system.
- I do not have ACHI devices
- I already have an SSD that came with this laptop.