I'd like to be able to examine the contents of a JAR file without having to install Winzip or some other tool and without having to rename the file. Windows Explorer can open ZIP files just fine; is there some registry setting I can use to let it treat JARs like ZIPs?
In setting up a new Windows 10 machine this was the reason I used to install 7-zip but there is no need with this hack given by @hfrmobile.
- Press WinKey and type cmd
- Right click Command Prompt app and select Run as administrator
- Type assoc .jar=CompressedFolder, it should be echoed back to the screen if accepted otherwise you will get an access is denied
- Type assoc .ear=CompressedFolder
- Type assoc .war=CompressedFolder
- Right click a jar in Windows explorer and you should now see the Extract All... menu option available to zip files