My dad's Dell 1525 Laptop screen goes all glitchy and freezes after about 20 seconds after boot.
This a video showing what happens https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtoTpDAEzMY
I've tried the following:
- Reset Bios to default settings
- Ran full diagnostics from Bios which came back with no errors
- Ran LCD diagnostics which was fine. It showed all colors and bars correctly
- Replace RAM with RAM from another laptop that I know works
- Replace hardrive with hard drive from another laptop I know works
- Try to boot without battery in
- Boot up from Ubuntu DVD. Screen glitches and freezes just like in Windows
- I don't hear any beeps to from the machine to suggest a motherboard issue
Any ideas on what the issue is or other things I can investigate?