I am frustrated.
I just assembled a PC with the following setup:
- Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6C
- MSI B350M Gaming Pro AM4 Motherboard
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3000
- Clocked at 2133MHz (3000 not available)
- Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD
- Corsair CXM 450W 80+ power supply
I set the boot mode to 'UEFI only' and tried to install Windows 10 from a USB stick. The installation works fine until the first reboot:
- The Windows 10 Logo appears and it says 'Getting devices ready'. (~10 sec)
- Windows Logo + 'Getting ready' (~1-2min)
- PC reboots
- Windows Logo + 'Preparing automatic repair'
- Windows Logo + 'Diagnosing your PC'
So the installation appeared to work properly. After that I can't get Windows to boot.
There are no Bluescreens to give any hints as to where the problem is.
What I tried:
- Re-Installing Windows
- Installing in UEFI+Legacy
- Installing Windows 7 (hangs while making some 'registry changes')
- Updating motherboard BIOS
I appreciate any tips or experience reports. Thanks in advance!