Problem: after resizing partition C, the HDD does not allow the computer to boot and stucks at the press DEL or F2 to enter bios message
- Windows 7 (yes, I know it's old... but it worked until resizing disk C)
- SATA HDD
- an Asus motherboard with UEFI bios
How I broke it :-)
On one physical SATA HDD with two logical disks (C and D) I used Aomei Partition Assistant to:
- shrink and move logical disk
D(so as to free some unallocated space left to disk C)
- extend the system disk (or partition?)
C(so as to have more free space)
After reboot, the computer always stucks at the message: "Press DEL or F2 to enter UEIF bios"
Of course, nothing happens when I press the keys.
What I tried:
Unplug this SATA HDD and enter UEFI bios OK. So, keyboard and bios is OK.
I enabled SATA hot plug and did a trick:
- unlugged the problem HDD
- successfully booted into UEFI bios,
- plugged a USB drive with Windows installation image
- launched Windows repair utility
- plugged the problem SATA and
- Windows repair utility does detect the HDD and says it successfully repaired the boot records However, when I restart the computer, it won't boot with this HDD..
I checked with Paragorn utility, the HDD has data on it.
- How can I boot from this HDD?
- Does it matter if I try another (not Aomei) hdd utility to restore the hdd?