Problem: ~2 minutes (seconds after my wallpapers auto change ) after log on, almost everything becomes very very slow. Game like Forza motosport 6 APEX, Resident Evil 7 seems not be affected even in Window (not full screen) mode.
Problem still after trying:
- I check and use SysinternalsSuite\ Autoruns / msconfig / Task Manager / Schedule to close all the items for a clean boot.
- Create a empty new user profile.
- Use SysinternalsSuite\ procexp, Event logger, didn't find much.
- I found the exact time as same as the sluggish occurs when I was comparing the Services difference between the boundary of sluggish.
- That is NetSetupSvc - Network Setup Service, which is auto run by trigger and auto stop, when it stops everything become sluggish.
- And no matter how to set the run type - by manual, even disable; either run it again after it auto stops.
There must be some relationships, such as who triggers it to run and to stop.
Use Windows Preferences Analyse (WPA).
- Some system process starts and stops seconds around everything goes slow.
- Could found high UI Delays \ COM Delay occurs when right clicking on folders in taskbar.
See Boot_Trace.rar (V3)
- At https + ://share.weiyun.com/d342aed77fe831840e3bca95ae74d794. (I can only post max 2 links default expired on July, 14).
- In environment where closed almost all the items (see Autoruns),
- With some heavy mouse operation - right click between folders -on taskbar to see if system slows down(explorer.exe - untime Broker、ShellExperienceHost).
- Seizing happens at the ~100th second, when high CPU occupied with the operations above.
Also see slowWindowsShell result.
- https: + //share.weiyun.com/82873c8f2a064edbce126cb294674e78 (I can only post max 2 links, default expired on July, 16)
- A ETL result of WPA record profile by @magicandre1981 , talked / details in comment of this question.
Use msconfig to log boot:
There are 200 rows of records excluding duplicates. Original content (expired at July 15).
I try to compare both, but found little relativity. Sort by loaded item (*.sys),
- Normal boot loads much more items;
- Safe mode has its own items;
- Safe mode didn't load some items which not appears in normal mode;
- Records on the same item has different state - loaded & not loaded;
- There are two state - BOOTLOG_LOADED / BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED. Does BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED means abnormal?
- Or, can I make any future configs to adjust from normal boot to safe mode?
- System Restore Node
- Maybe the division before this problem, I keep my computer always on / sleep long time before a reboot.
- And the Restore node is already lost, now I'm not sure how to restore, or even delete them manually, I used a driver update tool to do this but without backup.
- See System Restore.png
CrystalDiskInfo on System is fine (I can only upload max 2 links now). Can't see other SSD and Hard Drivers on my PC, maybe I disable too many in Autoruns? When system slows down, the 4K write speed as typical showed by AS SSD Benchmark reduce from normal 150MB/s to 30MB/s, etc.
- Log off / Sleep, then log on, could re-produce the problem.
- Safe mode is fine.
- Seems some drivers were updated some day before, seen from System Auto Backup, but the point was delete/covered now.