Is there an easy way to tell if Windows has indexed a folder or not (Windows 7). Or, is there a list of all indexed folders?
From Microsoft; source
- Open Indexing Options by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type indexing options, and then click Indexing Options.
- Click Advanced. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- In the Advanced Options dialog box, click the File Types tab.
- In the Add new extension to list box, type the file name extension (for example, "txt"), and then click Add.
- Click Index Properties Only or Index Properties and File Contents, and then click OK.