I just had to update my drivers and clean my disk due to high disk usage, I went to reset and now my screen just stays plane black, it’ll change to a white screen for a split second every once in awhile, but won’t actually let me on. Please help
Some of the first things I do when I have issues:
- Unplug the power cable from the computer and press the power button to drain the capacitors off all power. Then plug the power cable back in and try to boot.
- If you're using a laptop, then remove the battery and the power cable and hold the power button till lights go out, which should be almost instantaneously.
- Try and connect the video cable to a different video port on the computer, and if you have a graphics card, try to use a port that is coming from the motherboard instead of the graphics card.
- Try a spare monitor, or a TV if you can
- If at all possible, boot from a USB or CD that has Linux on it, such as Ubuntu or Mint. This will test things such as the monitor, the computer hardware, and other components that will narrow down the problem.
- What Operating System are you using?
- Are you using a laptop or a tower computer?
- Do you have a graphics card installed and what model is it if so?
- What drivers do you try to update and what process did you go about updating them? Like Windows Update or some third party tool?
Before you do any wiping and reinstalling, as long as there is no foul play like malware or hard drive failure, your data should be able to be recovered. It's as simple as taking the hard drive out, connecting it to another computer by a SATA to USB adapter, and copying the files to a new location then wiping the disk and reinstalling and copying the files back over to the freshly installed OS.
Sorry for the all the questions, but it will help to narrow down the problem. Thanks