Needs some advice with someone that has some experience with this.
I have a Western Digital My Book 4TB External Hard Drive about 2 months old that is not performing well, what I have noticed is that the performance drop happens when the Active time (reported by Windows 10) goes to 100%.
ISSUE: When the Drive Active time is around 30% I get about 120MB/sec, when the Active Time is 100% I get less than 1MB/sec.
What's using the drive:
- I have some vhd's on the drive
What I've done so far to troubleshoot
- I've checked the processes using the drive and it is the vhd's that I expect using it
- The vhd's are not using the drive that much to cause a 100% active time
- I'm using Windows 10 Pro and it is set to High Performance power options
- I've checked S.M.A.R.T values and they are fine
Here are the processes when the drive is at 100% Active Time:
Here are the processes when the drive is at around 30% Active Time:
Here is S.M.A.R.T information on the drive: