Using Chrome I can go to gmail.com and log into my account no problem. (Update: I'm actually not sure of this. I've been logged into Gmail for a long time and don't want to log out to discover that I can't get back in.)
With Firefox 54.0.1 and IE 11, however, after clicking 'sign in' I'm sent to https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/sl/pwd?continue=https%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2F&service=mail&sacu=1&rip=1&flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=ServiceLogin&cid=1&navigationDirection=forward where I enter my email address, click "Next" and then nothing. The button image changes, indicating that the click occurred, but then the page doesn't change at all. I am unable to get past this step.
I tried creating a brand new Firefox profile, with zero add-ons of course, and same story.
I've tried Edge 40.15063.0.0 and it's somewhat similar. When I click 'sign in' and am taken to https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin/signinchooser?service=mail&passive=true&rm=false&continue=https%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2F&ss=1&scc=1<mpl=default<mplcache=2&emr=1&osid=1&flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=ServiceLogin I'm presented two different accounts to choose from as well as "Use another account." (I'm thinking that maybe I was able to successfully sign into Google using Edge in the past.) Clicking any one of those 3 does nothing.
I've tried at the office and at home and at another person's home and same problem.
I've disabled Norton's smart firewall and auto-protect, to no avail.
Rather than going to gmail.com I've tried going to google.com and clicking 'sign in' from there, but the exact same thing happens.
I'm running Windows 10 Pro and am completely baffled. Any suggestions?
Update: On a lark I tried the Tor browser. It worked! Interestingly, and no idea if this is related, in Chrome my control icons aren't there (see picture). They work, and the tooltips are there, but the icons are missing.
Update: I installed Opera and it does not work, so as far as I can tell, the only thing that works is Tor. I also changed Firefox's proxy setting to "no proxy" and that didn't help.
I also tried logging in with Firefox with the Dev Console open. I got
Loading failed for the <script> with source “https://ssl.gstatic.com/accounts/o/971028622-postmessagerelay.js and
Content Security Policy: Ignoring “http:” within script-src: ‘strict-dynamic’ specified and
Content Security Policy: Ignoring “'unsafe-inline'” within script-src: ‘strict-dynamic’ specified when the page loaded, but nothing when clicking "Next". FWIW, Tor give me the last two but not the first one.